3:09 Event Snippet for Traffic 3:09
No food screams summer like watermelon!
The sweet, juicy, vibrant fruit is the perfect treat on a hot summer day. As much as it is delicious, watermelon is definitely a nutritious addition to your diet. Watermelon contains thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, choline, lycopene and betaine.
While it’s deliciously satisfying biting right into the juicy flesh alone, here are 5 new and healthy ways to enjoy the fruit of the summer!
Step up your traditional salsa’s game with a kick of watermelon. The sweetness of the watermelon fuses perfectly with the salty and spicy flavors of your typical tomato salsa, making for a perfect dip at your summer party.
• 1 cup Watermelon, finely diced
• 6 Roma Tomatoes, seeded and diced
• ½ large White Onion, finely diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and minced
• handful of fresh cilantro, leaves only
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
• Sea salt & pepper to taste
1. Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
2. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
Its BBQ season! What better way to treat yourself and guests than a spiked fresh watermelon slushy with lots of electrolytes for your time in the sunshien. It’ll be sure to be a party hit!
1. Add one cup of frozen watermelon cubes into a blender with 1/3 cup WTRMLN WTR, juice of half a lemon, 1 scoop of Vega Sport Electrolyte Hydrator and 1oz of vodka.
2. Blend until slushy.
3. Pour into a glass and garnish with a small bunch of fresh mint.
With grilling season at its peak, there’s no reason why watermelon can’t partake in the fun! Grilling watermelon cuts through some of the sweetness and offers a completely different flavor profile.
1. Cut the watermelon into 1- 11/2inch triangle wedges, leaving the rind on the base.
2. Place directly onto a medium-high heat grill for one-two minutes a side.
3. Remove from grill, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and honey.
4. Then top with crumbled feta and season with dried oregano, sea salt & pepper.
Swap out sugar! Watermelon alone has all the components necessary for a hydrating and refreshing ice pop.
Chop the flesh of half a watermelon into large chunks. Add to blender and blend until smooth. Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
On a hot day nothing quenches your thirst for something healthy quite like a cold-pressed juice. Now you can drink your watermelon with the newly launched WTRMLN WTR, which is rich in electrolytes – 6 times the amount of your regular sports brand drink- making it essential for summer hydration.
What's more, WTRMLN WTR also has more potassium than a banana for hearth health and cramp prevention for your summer workouts.