Trending | February 28, 2021
It’s a known fact that images are more powerful than words. Just one look at these images will make you realize how much one single image can convey a thousand meanings and even a thousand more words.
Take a look at these 44 powerful photos of love that will leave you speechless. Some of these photos are of truly historic moments, while others, are quite heartbreaking.
1. A woman and her doggie. Saying goodbye.
Photo Credit: Robyn Arouty
2. Two brothers say their goodbyes. After a temporary government-allowed North Korean reunion.
3. Gorete was deported to Mexico 6 years ago. Nogales, Arizona 2013. Gorete and her daughter, Renata Teodoro, hold hands at the border.
4. A boy weeps at the funeral of his violin teacher.
5. Soldier meets his daughter for the first time. Chad Flemming had been deployed before her birth.
6. Photographer Angelo Merendino documented his wife, Jen's, progress with cancer. Here Jen shaves her head after she undergoes treatment.
7. A woman and her three-year-old daughter. They were attacked with acid by their husband/father.
8. Syria. A brother rescues his sister from the rubble.
9. Father and son. Then and now.
10. Moore, Oklahoma 2013. A couple stands on top of their crumbled home after a tornado hit.
11. John F. Kennedy Jr. saluting the coffin at his father’s funeral.
12. Sao Paolo, Brazil. Window washer super heroes say hello to a young patient at the children’s hospital.
13. Mumbai. Children shelter a stray dog.
14. Manila. A couple kisses after being married during a monsoon.
15. Iowa, Legal Marriage after 72 years of being together. Vivian Boyack, 91 and Alice Dubes, 90
16. Father and son having fun at the beach.
17. A young brother is crying after seeing his older brother off for the first day of school.
18. New York in 2011. A couple playing piano together after 72 years.
19. Jordan. A syrian refugee kisses a 10-day-old baby who she carried to safety.
20. Cairo 2011. Christians protecting Muslims during prayer.
21. Belgrade shelter. A girl and a Red Cross volunteer sharing a moment.
22. Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. Sgt. Brandon Morgan, right, kisses his partner Dalan Wells at the Marine base.
23. A coal miner, Frank Tugend, being carried by his grandson.
24. 2011. First same-sex couple to marry at the Manhattan City Clerk’s office. Phyllis Siegel, 76 and Connie Kopelov, 84.
25. Buenos Aires, Argentina. Tango dancers.
26. North Carolina. A couple at their wedding.
27. 60 years after his death, a woman receives the remains of her fallen husband.
28. Kasangulu, Democratic Republic of Congo. Mom and son.
29. Bali. A man plays an instrument for a child.
30. La Plata, Argentina. A woman is reunited with her dog after an earthquake.
31. Happy hugs. Supreme Court ruled the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) to be unconstitutional, allowing same-sex marriage in the US.
32. Maoris greet each other by pressing their noses together.
33. Kinshasa, Congo. An albino baby and his cousin.
34. Sudan, 1998. Two siblings.
35. Couple Kissing. 1953
36. A couple's love. New York 2008.
37. Young couple at a music festival.
38. A 103-year-old man holding his sons hand on his deathbed.
39. Cape Town, South Africa. A daughter helps her mother in the ocean.
40.A woman holds her newborn child.
41. Berlin Wall. German solider from the east lifts barb wire gate to allow child to reunite with is parents.
42. Ahmad and Fatima. Despite Ahmad having no arms and Fatima having no legs, they are in love and help each other.
43. Man teaching his girlfriend the alphabet after she lost her memory.